From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] (media-video) ffmpeg and a52dec
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 00:37:21
1 On Monday 18 April 2005 23:26, Aron Griffis wrote:
2 > Also the most recent version of vlc marked stable on x86 is 0.6.0-r1.
3 > Version 0.6.1 was added to portage on Aug 1, 2003.
4 Actually, latest x86 stable version is 0.6.2.
5
6 > However! The most recent ChangeLog entries suggest that flameeyes is
7 > working on this stuff, so perhaps it will be taken care of. Is that
8 > the plan, Diego?
9 Yup, as I have already posted in the other mail, I'm looking at this, so this
10 night I took a look to vlc's bugs and closed the already fixed ones (there
11 was a pair), fixed the ones of 0.6 which needed trivial fixes, and now
12 there's just one vlc bug (ppc related, which i can't test... lu_zero? :)). I
13 pruned the unneeded versions as I don't think having bug reports for 0.8.0 or
14 0.7.x will be useful for now.
15
16 I also looked at a52dec bug, whcih seems already fixed for me, but I'll wait
17 user feedback about it, still nothing blocker imho.
18
19 ffmpeg bugs are mostly enhancements (at least bug #88965, #89172, #87811).
20 Bug #84264 sounds like an upstream bug, and it's the blocking one. Also bug
21 #82127 (assigned to games) can be a problem.
22
23 I think from here we can move toward having ffmpeg stable in the next weeks
24 (at least I hope :) ), for vlc purposes the target keywords are x86 and amd64
25 (I can test it for the latter), so the ppc bug can be ignored for now, but
26 ffmpeg has many other arches to consider so it's something which needs
27 careful attentions.
30 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
31 Gentoo Developer (Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, Gentoo/AMD64)
32
33 http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/