From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] How to "emerge rsync" and keep the changes in packages.mask and in the profile?
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 05:30:26
1 On Friday 31 May 2002 12:17, José Fonseca wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I would like to "emerge rsync" and keep the changes in packages.mask and
5 > in the profile. I know that there are several ways to accomplish this, an
6 > each one has some drawbacks. I would like to know how other people are
7 > currently doing this?
8 >
9 > Regards,
10 >
11 > José Fonseca
12
13 What I do is to make /etc/make.profile a directory instead of a link to a
14 directory. The files that I want to copy from the profile are linked inside,
15 others just copied
16
17 Paul
20 Paul de Vrieze