From: "Rémi Cardona" <remi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] *DEVELOPMENT* mail list, right?
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 21:17:13
1 Michael Cummings a écrit :
2 > So, fellow devs, what's new with development? For those interested, genlop has
3 > migrated into gentoo as a project with the permission of upstream, which no
4 > longer maintain it. Um...any new tools or projects people are working on?
5
6 Gnome team's working on gnome 2.16.3 and 2.18.
7
8 2.16.3 is just a maintenance release
9
10 2.18 is the latest and greatest, not that many user visible changes.
11 Better gstreamer support, better hal integration, fixes in evolution, ...
12
13 I encourage all gnome users to try it out and let us know if it works
14 for them so that we can unmask it over the coming days/weeks.
15
16 Oh and I'm working on an updated gnome2 eclass, as the current one reads
17 data in /var/db. Fixing this should fix gnome/xfce packages for paludis
18 users among other benefits. If anyone wants to fix env saving in
19 portage, it would help us a lot :)
20
21 Cheers,
22