From: Constanze Hausner <constanze@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] eclass for handling of file-based capabilities
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2011 13:23:41
Hello,

last GSoC I developed an eclass for the handling of file-based
capabilities [1]. One should be able to set file-caps for the binary from
the src_install phase. The eclass handles the setting of the caps and
also applies a fallback file-mode, if the caps-setting goes wrong.

I would be happy, if you guys and gals could take a look at it,
and review it :).

It uses a new global use-flag (filecaps) so it wouldn't collide with
the caps use-flag and the corresponding old handling of file-caps.

The git repository, which also includes a manpage and some tests for the eclass,
is available here [2].
I'm going to update the eclass with your patches there.

Cheers,
Constanze

[1] http://www.friedhoff.org/posixfilecaps.html
[2] https://github.com/constanze/GSoC2010_Gentoo_Capabilities