From: Constanze Hausner <constanze@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] eclass for handling of file-based capabilities
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2011 13:23:41
1 Hello,
2
3 last GSoC I developed an eclass for the handling of file-based
4 capabilities [1]. One should be able to set file-caps for the binary from
5 the src_install phase. The eclass handles the setting of the caps and
6 also applies a fallback file-mode, if the caps-setting goes wrong.
7
8 I would be happy, if you guys and gals could take a look at it,
9 and review it :).
10
11 It uses a new global use-flag (filecaps) so it wouldn't collide with
12 the caps use-flag and the corresponding old handling of file-caps.
13
14 The git repository, which also includes a manpage and some tests for the eclass,
15 is available here [2].
16 I'm going to update the eclass with your patches there.
17
18 Cheers,
19 Constanze
20