From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Vanilla sources
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2020 18:41:32
1 On Sat, 2020-01-04 at 08:38 +0100, Hanno Böck wrote:
2 > On Fri, 3 Jan 2020 15:48:54 +0100
3 > Toralf Förster <toralf@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > > # Restrict potential illegal access via links
6 > > #
7 > > fs.protected_hardlinks = 1
8 > > fs.protected_symlinks = 1
9 >
10 > Given the issues with openrc:
11 > Wouldn't it be a good idea to add these by default to Gentoo's
12 > sysctl.conf in baselayout?
13
14 Yes, we should. This really sounds like some horror where developers
15 are hacking things around in sources instead of communicating with
16 people maintaining the component where a proper fix belongs.
19 > As far as I understand this from the thread by now, these are set by
20 > default by Gentoo Sources. So we shouldn't really expect much breakage
21 > if we set them via sysctl.
26 Best regards,
27 Michał Górny