From: Benedikt Boehm <hollow@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] qmail.eclass draft
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 21:10:47
1 On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 14:34:26 +0200
2 Michael Hanselmann <hansmi@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 01:37:11PM +0200, Benedikt Boehm wrote:
5 > > due to massive code duplication in netqmail, qmail-ldap,
6 > > qmail-mysql, mini-qmail and other 3-rd party applications for qmail
7 > > i have started to move functionality into a first qmail.eclass
8 > > draft.
9 >
10 > I already proposed moving the prime functionality into an eclass and
11 > it was refused back then. qmail-mysql and qmail-ldap may get removed
12 > soon.
13
14 qmail-ldap will not be removed for sure, since i maintain it currently.
17 > And as the netqmail ebuild maintainer, I want the ebuild to be as
18 > simple as possible, that is, no external dependencies where possible.
19
20 so, you suggest it is a better way to duplicate tons of code in 4
21 ebuilds?
24 > > Attached is the eclass and a sample how to use it with netqmail.
25 >
26 > It seems like you aren't interested in communication with the
27 > maintainer, otherwise you would've CC'ed me.
28
29 appearantly, you are subscribed to gentoo-dev.
32 > Greets,
33 > Michael
36 On a sidenote, qmail has a huge amount of open bugs, and has generally
37 gotten no love in the past time, so i wonder if it actually was/is
38 maintained.
39 --
40 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list