From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: Gentoo Developers <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] use.mask and PHP5's crazy IUSE
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 22:16:40
1 For PHP5, there is now a truly frightening number of USE flags. 98 of
2 them to be exact.
3
4 We've had requests for some of the plethora of binary-only databases
5 that PHP can use, so I'm looking at doing them right.
6
7 This is the list of use flags for things we support with PHP, but no
8 packages are yet available for. I've tried to compile a list of what arches the
9 upstream supports, and if the various arches have no objections, I'm going to
10 use.mask each of the flags on the unsupported arches. AMD64 is a question
11 however, as in theory the x86 packages should run there yes? If so, should it
12 be masked for them or not? (I'm thinking not, but just double checking).
13
14 applications with limited binary availablity, and supported arches
15 ------------------------------------------------------------------
16 adabas x86
17 birdstep x86
18 cpdflib x86,ppc,s390,ia64
19 db2 x86,amd64,ia64,s390
20 dbmaker x86
21 empress x86,ppc
22 empress-bcs x86,ppc
23 esoob x86,s390
24 filepro x86,s390
25 frontbase x86,ppc,s390
26 hyperwave x86
27 informix x86,s390
28 ingres x86,s390
29 oracle7 x86,ia64,amd64,s390,ppc
30 oci8 x86,ia64,amd64,s390,ppc
31 ovrimos ??? (website appears to have been replaced with a porn site)
32 pfpro x86
33 solid x86
34 sybase x86
35 sybase-ct x86
36
37 available as source, so should work on all platforms (in theory)
38 ----------------------------------------------------------------
39 interbase
40 mnogosearch
41 sapdb
42 mcve
43 msession
44 msql
45 qdbm
46
47 I'm looking at ebuilds for mcve, msession, msql, qdbm presently so those will
48 probably be supported in the tree sometime in the next month.
51 Robin Hugh Johnson
52 E-Mail : robbat2@××××××××××××××.net
53 Home Page : http://www.orbis-terrarum.net/?l=people.robbat2
54 ICQ# : 30269588 or 41961639
55 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85