From: "Damon M. Conway" <damon@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Problem adding user + Internationalization
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 09:28:27
1 >Let me explain myself. I was used to type 'useradd nick' to add a user
2 >with dir & co. So i tought (wrong it seems, and the error message didn't
3 >help me), that there was a bug. And i never thought a user list was the
4 >right place for bug report (btw, if gentoo-user is a good place for bug
5 >report, please tell me, thanks in advance), so i posted my problem here.
6 >Concerning the other question, you are right, this is not the good
7 >place, i thought of this thing just before sending the message, and
8 >didn't even think that there was a list more suited for this (but i was
9 >already a subscriber of gentoo-user.. not a excellent memory ;) (the
10 >next time i'll browse better in the portage tree, the answer was there..
11 >humm).
12
13 No need to explain. Until recently, this list was the only discussion list
14 for gentoo. I would post to gentoo-user about issues first to actually
15 determine if it is a bug. Perhaps it's a case like this where you were
16 missing a flag or something. Once it's determined to be a bug, a detailed
17 bug report should be posted to gentoo-dev. Hopefully, we'll have a
18 bug-tracking system setup for taking in bug reports in a consistent
19 fashion.
20
21 >Btw, it's odd to see that all my questions that i thought were really
22 >dev-related (install/system questions, plans, hotplug) were not
23 >answered, unlike the not-so-dev-related ones. Don't misunderstand me, i
24 >really appreciate your answers (thanks all!), i just find this strange.
25
26 I saw your questions, but wanted to let drobbins comment on them. He
27 creates/coordinates the install images. I imagine others felt the same
28 way.
29
30 >Thanks again everyone, and sorry for my 'bad' questions, I'll try to
31 >answer my future ones by myself (or elsewhere).
32
33 Don't get me wrong. You're questions are fine. I'm just trying to remind
34 everyone of the gentoo-user list so we can separate the functionality.
35
36 kabau
39 "UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that
40 would also stop you from doing clever things." --Doug Gwyn