From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: udev and /usr
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 18:07:42
1 Joost Roeleveld posted on Fri, 16 Sep 2011 10:36:27 +0200 as excerpted:
2
3 > I agree, I just used this example to explain that it shouldn't be
4 > necessary to force an initramfs on all users just because there is a
5 > small group who wants to have an extreme setup.
6
7 Careful with the "extreme". As you no doubt realize by now, the udev
8 folks apparently consider anyone wanting a separate /usr but not an initr*
9 "extreme". That'd certainly apply double if said admin (since no simple
10 "user" cares about such stuff, in this view) had /usr on lvm.
15 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman