From: Sebastian Werner <sebastian@××××××××××××××××××.de>
To: Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Test with >gcc-3.0.2 and a current version
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 15:22:01
1 Hello,
2
3 I want let you know that I have tried to use a gcc-3.0.2 version based
4 system. There are problems - as you and I know - with some packages
5 (like net-telnetd). But I have problems to compile a current kernel. I
6 have different errors in different kernel-version's. I thought it was a
7 gcc-problem. Ok, I downloaded a current gcc-3.1 snapshot. I builds ok
8 with the gcc-3.0.2 ebuild which I have updated to use this source ;-).
9 Ok, the kernel-build is ok. I also have no problems anymore with db3
10 (the c++ part), which I have posted some weeks ago with gcc-3.0.1. So my
11 basesystem is complete. Tommorrow I will try to build the rest and will
12 report you my way.
13
14 Sebastian