From: Stefan Schweizer <genstef@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Fw: [gentoo-core] [POLICY] Keywording/Stabilizing Bug Assignment Policy
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 23:58:39
1 Jeroen Roovers wrote:
2 > On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 21:50:26 +0200
3 > "Stefan Schweizer" <genstef@g.o> wrote:
4 >> As a maintainer I have to deal with many stable/keywording requests.
5 >> Those are bugs that generally hang around in my bugzilla queries and
6 >> fill my mailbox and I do not have any ability to help there or fix
7 >> them. Those bugmails constitute spam for my mailbox.
8 >
9 > The bugs you open generate too much information? So basically you do
10 > too much work to still cope with the consequences of that very same
11 > work? Maybe you can get a dev to act as your secretary? (I am being
12 > serious.)
13
14 They generate irrelevant information for me because I cannot help with
15 stabling. So I would love to have the possibility to -CC me there after
16 siging the stabling off.
17
18 >> It would be cool to implement a keywording@g.o alias just to
19 >> assign those bugs to so that we maintainers do not need to see them.
20 >
21 > So this way you would avoid receiving important information?
22
23 The information is not important to me, the headlines are just filling my
24 mailbox
25
26 > Why don't
27 > you set up bugsy not to inform you about these under [Email
28 > Preferences]?
29
30 This is possible? How can I separate keywording/stable and normal bugs in a
31 general way?
32
33 > [..] so IMHO only the package maintainer should ever (yet diligently)
34 > clean up so-called "old" ebuilds.
35
36 or the package maintainer can put a REMOVEOLD keyword on the bug or
37 something to make obvious that he wants it removed. I would love this
38 possibility :)
41 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list