From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Suggestion for updates to dodoc
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 13:16:51
On Mon, Sep 24, 2001 at 08:35:11PM +0200, Karl Trygve Kalleberg wrote:

> The dodoc command in ebuilds should handle HTML files a lot better than it > does now. Instead of naively compressing html files, they should be put > /usr/share/doc/${P}/html instead. This would be a very simple fix, if it > wasn't for the fact that we sometimes want to copy entire HTML-trees with > image files and all (such as the documentation for python or qt).
I'm ok with doing this; would you be willing to improve dodoc and post your improvements here? As long as they are sane, I doubt anyone will complain and I'll roll them into the next version of Portage. Best Regards, -- Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o> Chief Architect/President http://www.gentoo.org Gentoo Technologies, Inc.