From: Holger Hoffstaette <holger@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: glibc-2.7 stabilization
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 12:05:33
1 On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 03:02:17 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2
3 > some heads up here
4 >
5 > glibc-2.7 has sat in ~arch for much longer than i would have liked. the
6 > only real issue holding it back is nscd. i never use this thing myself,
7 > but on some arches (like ppc), it's known to eat your cpu like a dirty
8 > C-globbler (where C is short for CPU). on other arches, it's known to
9 > just cream itself for fun and then promptly exit.
10
11 Interesting - I saw nscd dying every so often with 2.6 (x86) but at least
12 for me that seems to have stopped since 2.7. Not sure what I'm doing wrong :)
13 On slower systems it certainly makes a noticeable difference.
14
15 -h
19 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list