From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: DEFINED_PHASES magic metadata variable
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2008 15:40:44
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 19:43:59 +0000
3 > Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
4 >> The DEFINED_PHASES variable will contain a space separated arbitrarily
5 >> ordered list of phase names. A phase name is listed in DEFINED_PHASES
6 >> if and only if the ebuild or an eclass used by that ebuild provides an
7 >> implementation of that phase's phase function.
8 >
9 > This needs "or if the ebuild or an eclass used by that ebuild provides
10 > a pre_ or post_ Portage hook for that phase", unless the Java people
11 > are prepared to nuke their horrid icky java-pkg.eclass hack that works
12 > around a now-fixed Portage bug.
15 java-pkg.eclass has been deprecated ages and there should only an ebuild
16 or too using that eclass any more. We should be able to get rid of those
17 if we want so I don't think we need an exception.
18
19 Regards,
20 Petteri