From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP #14: security updates based on GLSA
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 03:59:35
1 Hands down I fully support this and your efforts so far in gentoo.
2
3 Also to go along with this GLEP I think we need to start talking about
4 the need for a herd solely devoted to security related issues in gentoo
5 linux. Not just a herd to be announced to -dev that does not have much
6 use like say "mysql" or "net-irc" but something subnational with a set
7 of predefined goals,guidelines,policies and procedures for achieving
8 those goals. The GLEP is/was the right way to go/start with this.
9 For the last week I've been trying to take a much more active interest
10 in bugs that have been assigned to security@g.o in the bugzilla
11 system but have felt a little misguided on who to talk to for a final
12 resolution for a said bug. What I would like to help do is form a
13 security herd for the sole purpose of closing/opening/researching
14 security bugs for gentoo linux.
15 Thus far it seems we have a security team of 1. I think/know aliz could
16 use some help in this area. I think it would be ideal if we could back
17 him up and elect/vote aliz to the the project manager for said herd.
18