From: Richard Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Council 14/7 introductory meeting
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 17:07:24
1 On 07/12/2010 10:18 PM, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." wrote:
2 > Rationale: Meeting summary for 20091012 is "to be completed". Meeting
3 > summary for 20100419 is also "to be completed", and all following
4 > council meetings lack summaries. This makes it hard to follow the
5 > council's work.
6
7 I've seen this at work quite a bit. I've also seen an elegant solution
8 that works moderately well. The minutes of the meeting are taken in
9 realtime during the meeting by whoever will take it, and this is shared
10 with the participants in realtime. This way errors in the minutes are
11 instantly corrected. When the meeting is done you just save and publish
12 the minutes and you are done.
13
14 Realtime collaboration could involve any number of mechanisms. I don't
15 know if google docs supports it, but I imagine Wave would. There might
16 be other mechanisms as well. Webex/GotoMeeting/etc are usually the
17 methods employed in the business world. There might be an FOSS equivalent.
18
19 I think this should be purely up to the council's discretion, but I
20 wanted to offer this as a suggestion.
21
22 I'm not a fan of slacker marks in the first place - but, if you have to
23 have them then I'd do it in a way so as to avoid creating a negative
24 incentive for volunteering to do the work in the first place.
25
26 Rich