From: Andreas Sturmlechner <asturm@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] */*: Mask Py2 only packages
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 19:04:41
1 > On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 11:29 AM Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
2 > > Sure, you can use the portage API to find this info. However, that is
3 > > as easy to do for a list of all impacted packages in the tree with
4 > > their maintainers as for any individual maintainer to obtain this info
5 > > for their own packages.
6
7 I'm appealing to a more proactive maintenance, not in search for excuses why
8 it is not like that. And ftr I don't mean trying to be "first!" on every
9 upstream version bump; it is just that the python topic has come up often
10 enough that it should have sparked individual head scratching at one point or
11 another.
12