From: Joe Peterson <lavajoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: New lists and their usage
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 14:44:20
1 Duncan wrote:
2 > The idea is this. For non-tech posts, X-post the /first/ post, the
3 > announcement of the idea (for new devs, nominations, etc, to both dev and
4 > dev-announce), so those only paying attention to dev know about it. Set
5 > the followup to project (not dev). Those who wish to discuss it, the
6 > discussion goes to project.
7
8 It seems to me that since -dev-announce is for topics both technical
9 *and* non-technical, -dev-announce should *not* be automatically (or
10 manually) cross-posted to -dev as a general rule. Also, I would
11 consider it odd to set auto-reply munging for -dev-announce to -dev.
12
13 >From the description of the new -dev-announce list, it does not seem to
14 be an "announcement version" of -dev, but rather a list with a different
15 purpose, so tying it to -dev, either via automatic reply munging or
16 cross-posting does not make sense to me.
17
18 -Joe
19 --
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list