From: Jim Ramsay <lack@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] A major change coming in the rox packages
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 22:16:51
1 Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
2 > On Thursday 08 February 2007, Jim Ramsay wrote:
3 > > How would you then reconcile the issues raised in this bug[1]
4 > > regarding /usr/lib and multilib support?
5 >
6 > /usr/lib/misc most likely, or /usr/libexec as you prefer, considering that the
7 > policy about that is still unwritten and probably will not appear in the next
8 > few months either.
9
10 My only fear with going with /usr/lib/misc or /usr/libexec is that
11 the actual move won't be pretty (I'll have to come up with some
12 way for users to migrate some config files), so I'd prefer to only have
13 to do it once.
14
15 That's why I want to be sure I consider every viable option and pick the
16 best location: so it's less likely I have to do it all again in 6
17 months.
18
19 Then again, maybe my migration strategy will be so good it will be easy
20 to do a second time :)
23 Jim Ramsay
24 Gentoo/Linux Developer (rox)