From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Rewrite java-config in C++ or python
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 03:04:48
1 On 20:40 Sat 26 Feb , Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > On 02/26/2011 07:08 PM, Daniel Pielmeier wrote:
3 > > 2011/2/21 Uditha Galgamuwa <nandun8781@×××××.com>:
4 > >> Hi dev,
5 > >> I am Uditha Galgamuwa from university of moratuwa,Sri Lanka.I am
6 > >> interested in the project idea "Rewrite java-config in C++ or python" which
7 > >> was in last year Gsoc.As I saw this project has not been implemented in Gsoc
8 > >> 2010.Will this be available for this year's idea list from Gentoo
9 > >> foundation? I have good knowledge on programming with java and some
10 > >> knowledge on C++ and a basic understanding about XSLT as well.
11 > >
12 > > It is on the list for 2011 (1), so I guess you can apply for it.
13 > >
14 > > (1) http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2011_ideas
17 > The list started out with a copy of ideas from last year that were not
18 > finished successfully.
19
20 That is partially correct but incomplete. Many of them were never even
21 started — just a few were started but not finished. (We had 3 out of 19
22 students fail, which is about the same level as the broader GSoC
23 program).
24
25 > This means no-one might be interested in mentoring for the projects
26 > listed there this year. It should also be remembered that you don't
27 > need to restrict yourself to the ideas presented there. For any
28 > further discussion I suggest reading the "Read this first" section and
29 > noticing that there is a gentoo-soc mailing list.
30
31 Indeed, please do join the mailing list!
32
33 We strongly encourage novel ideas beyond what's on the ideas list, but
34 make sure to discuss them in advance of applying so you find a mentor.
37 Thanks,
38 Donnie
39
40 Donnie Berkholz