From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: stabilization policies
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 20:16:43
1 On 08/20/2013 08:19 PM, William Hubbs wrote:
2 >
3 > My question is, how can we improve our stabilization procedures/policies
4 > so we can convince people not to run production servers on ~arch and
5 > keep the stable tree more up to date?
8 Why convince them? They have been warned and it's their own problem.
9
10 I don't see any BIG problem in our current stabilization procedure.
11 Scripts for auto-filing stablereqs seem wrong to me. It's not just about
12 "it was 30 days in the tree without a bug". The maintainer has to know
13 about upstream bug reports and other crap that might be going on.
14
15 Such things to speed up the procedure will only make it worse.