From: Dhruba Bandopadhyay <dhruba@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [WIP] gcc 3.3
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 12:00:55
1 On Fri, 2003-05-16 at 01:20, Spider wrote:
2 > hi folks,
3 > here is an initial ebuild of gcc 3.3, it doesn't contain propolice
4 > patch, and I haven't checked it with "build" or other flags except the
5 > default. (its slow to build on this machine)
6
7 There is an ebuild for it on bugzilla and one here and some on forums
8 too. Have you used any of these as a definitive base or is this a new
9 creation?
10
11 Also, is there any sign of this being entered into hardmasked or testig
12 state on portage?
13
14 I'd be quite keen on testing it out since I have had my fair share of
15 pentium4 problems and am desperately hoping an upgrade of gcc will sort
16 them out.
17
18 Pardon my ignorance but have all these patches been commented out to
19 prevent resultant problems or because they are no longer necessary?
20
21 Also, as a short note to those devs making a cflags guide to say that
22 the optimisation options have changed somewhat for gcc 3.3; an example
23 being -fomit-frame-pointer is now enabled by -O3 (taken from online
24 manual).
25
26 With regards
27 Dhruba Bandopadhyay