From: Dhruba Bandopadhyay <dhruba@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [WIP] gcc 3.3
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 12:00:55
On Fri, 2003-05-16 at 01:20, Spider wrote:
> hi folks, > here is an initial ebuild of gcc 3.3, it doesn't contain propolice > patch, and I haven't checked it with "build" or other flags except the > default. (its slow to build on this machine)
There is an ebuild for it on bugzilla and one here and some on forums too. Have you used any of these as a definitive base or is this a new creation? Also, is there any sign of this being entered into hardmasked or testig state on portage? I'd be quite keen on testing it out since I have had my fair share of pentium4 problems and am desperately hoping an upgrade of gcc will sort them out. Pardon my ignorance but have all these patches been commented out to prevent resultant problems or because they are no longer necessary? Also, as a short note to those devs making a cflags guide to say that the optimisation options have changed somewhat for gcc 3.3; an example being -fomit-frame-pointer is now enabled by -O3 (taken from online manual). With regards Dhruba Bandopadhyay -- gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list