From: Mark Bainter <mark-gt@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Fwd: [gentoo-user] Trouble with emerge
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 14:34:45
1 I sent this message to gentoo-user the other day, but have gotten
2 no response. I'm hoping someone here can provide some insight. I
3 used google to search the archives and I did find one message that
4 was similar to this problem indicating that it was a syntax issue,
5 and to make sure "'s were closed, etc, in the make.conf files. I
6 did that and I didn't find anything out of the ordinary. I also
7 checked to make sure my conf files weren't missing anything that was
8 in the cvs versions, and I didn't see anything.
9
10 Anyone have any suggestions for fixing this problem?
11
12 ----- Forwarded message from Mark Bainter <mark-gt@×××××.org> -----
13
14 From: Mark Bainter <mark-gt@×××××.org>
15 To: gentoo-user@g.o
16 Subject: [gentoo-user] Trouble with emerge
17 Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 10:50:52 -0500
18
19 Ok, last night before I figured out the emerge rsync problem I was
20 having was due to needing to change my SYNC= I tried updating portage,
21 and rsync (net-misc/rsync). That wasn't it obviously, so I did more
22 digging and found the SYNC issue.
23
24 Now, emerge doesn't work, and I haven't been able to figure out why. I'm not
25 really sure it's related to the above, but I figured it was relevent enough to
26 be worth including here. I checked the cvs history to see if there was
27 anything that might indicate why, and it seemed like the latest checkin of
28 portage.py might be related (fixing an empty USE_ORDER) so I tried using that
29 version of the module, but it didn't help.
30
31 I'm at a bit of a loss on where to go from here. I'm relatively new to gentoo,
32 and thus to portage, so I don't know the build system all that well. Maybe I'm
33 missing something obvious.
34
35 Anyway, any insight into this problem which you might be able to lend would be
36 appreciated.
37
38 # emerge portage
39 !!! Invalid token (not "=")
40 Traceback (most recent call last):
41 File "/usr/bin/emerge", line 6, in ?
42 import output
43 File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/output.py", line 4, in ?
44 import portage;
45 File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/portage.py", line 3331, in ?
46 db["/"]["porttree"]=portagetree("/",virts)
47 File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/portage.py", line 2461, in __init__
48 self.portroot=settings["PORTDIR"]
49 File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/portage.py", line 678, in __getitem__
50 self.populate()
51 File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/portage.py", line 664, in populate
52 useorder=self["USE_ORDER"]
53 File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/portage.py", line 685, in __getitem__
54 if x.has_key(mykey):
55 AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'has_key'
56
57 (It doesn't /have/ to be portage, it's the same no matter what I try.)
58
59 ----- End forwarded message -----