From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: ICC Profile
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 10:05:15
1 Adam Stylinski wrote:
2 > The intel C Compiler (icc) has an ebuild for gentoo and the wiki has
3 > a script to integrate it with portage.
4
5 I'm using ICC for programs where I have numbers about performance; for
6 example, bzip2 is 30% faster here when compiled with ICC.
7
8 However, one thing I don't like about ICC is that when you post in the
9 Intel forums about a problem you have on Gentoo, the reply is "Gentoo is
10 not supported, please use RedHat." If Gentoo is going to "support" ICC,
11 ICC should be supporting Gentoo as well.
14 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list