From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] tmpfiles virtual
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 23:17:04
1 On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 06:09:59PM -0500, Ian Stakenvicius wrote:
2 > On 16/11/16 03:21 PM, William Hubbs wrote:
3 > >
4 > > I can make the service scripts call the systemd-tmpfiles service if it
5 > > is available or if not call the opentmpfiles implementation.
6 > >
7 > > I'm not sure whether it is worth having a separate package for the
8 > > service scripts in this case.
9 >
10 > That would depend on where the service scripts are sitting, I guess --
11 > do you mean here that openrc will keep its current tmpfiles.dev and
12 > tmpfiles.setup scripts? If that's the case wouldn't openrc need to
13 > RDEPEND or PDEPEND on virtual/tmpfiles ?
14
15 No, those scripts will be removed from OpenRC. If you grep through
16 OpenRC, you will see that once they are removed, they are never actually
17 referred to by any other services that are part of OpenRC.
18
19 The scripts will be put in opentmpfiles and that ebuild will install
20 them.
21
22 William