From: Dylan Carlson <absinthe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Improved JDBC support
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 23:45:01

Greetings,

JDBC support within Gentoo has been significantly improved.  The following
packages have been added:

dev-java/jdbc-informix (Informix)
dev-java/jdbc-mssqlserver
dev-java/jdbc2-oracle
dev-java/jdbc2-postgres
dev-java/jdbc3-oracle
dev-java/jdbc3-postgres

All versions of PostgreSQL were added going back to 6.5.2, and Oracle from
8.1.7 through 9.2.0.3.  All versions are slotted; thus you can have
several versions on the machine at the same time.

DB2 support will be included as soon as IBM makes their JDBC drivers
available somewhere.  If anyone at IBM is watching, please help.

I am naturally receptive to any submitted ebuilds for Sybase, Interbase,
and other databases not mentioned here -- as I will not be working on them
myself.

Feedback and bug reports are of course appreciated.

Cheers,
Dylan Carlson

Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x708E165F
Key fingerprint = 3AEA DE38 FE42 15A6 C0E2 730E 3D04 BCC1 708E 165F