From: AGottinger@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] xfce and root
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 09:00:10
1 Collins Richey wrote:
2 >
3 > On Sun, 06 May 2001 23:31:17 +0200 AGottinger@××××××××.de (Achim Gottinger) wrote:
4 >
5 > > Collins Richey wrote:
6 > > >
7 > > > yes, I have ~/.xfce. I even removed this folder and started xfce again, but xfce will not do anything as a normal user.
8 > > >
9 > > can you start the apps from an xterm?
10 > > You can try the following, remove your .xinitrc file and say
11 > > echo "xfce" > ~/.wm
12 > > Then run startx and see ig things work now.
15 > echoing xfce to .wm and startx makes no difference. Nothing will run from clicking the icons (xftree, run, xfmouse, etc.). If I click on the desktop and select run, the dialog appears and I can run xftree, xfmouse, xterm. If I try to run sylpheed from the xterm, I get permission denied, even though /usr/local/bin/sylpheed has permissions rwxr-xr-x.
16 k, you installed to /usr/local, please check the permission of
17 /usr/local (must be 755).
18
19 bye achim~
22 > --