From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Making systemd more accessible to "normal" users
Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 18:05:37
1 On Sun, May 19, 2013 at 9:34 AM, Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se> wrote:
2 > J. Roeleveld wrote:
3 >> I don't see how this will avoid the issue of a limited amount of
4 >> inodes.
5 >> That is what I usually run out of before the disk is full when
6 >> storing lots of smaller files.
7 >
8 > I guess the number of unit files is on the order of hundreds
9
10 (Sorry, sent email before it was ready).
11
12 Laptop running full GNOME:
13
14 # find /usr/lib/systemd/system -type f | wc
15 154 154 7012
16
17 Server running Apache+MySQL+Mailman+Squid+Other services:
18
19 # find /usr/lib/systemd/system -type f | wc
20 121 121 5560
21
22 And as you said, you can always use INSTALL_MASK. If 154 files are
23 going to deplete your inodes, I think your problem lies somewhere
24 else.
25
26 Regards.
27 --