From: Niels Dettenbach <nd@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] contribution of ebuilds? Update for media-sound/darkice
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 09:14:35
Dear Gentoo devels,

currently i wrote an update of the media-sound/darkice ebuild as attached
above. How can i check in / feed it into the public portage as a non developer
here?

I work very intensive with Gentoo since many years, did read the docs about
creating ebuilds and i'm interested in becoming a contributor for different
outdated or even new ebuilds in the future and as my time will allow it, but i
did not find any details about how i can apply (assume i did not find the
regarding docs, sorry).

many thanks in advance,

Niels.

media-sound/darkice/darkice-1.1.ebuild
--- snip ---
# Copyright 1999-2011 Gentoo Foundation
# Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2
# $Header: $

EAPI=4
inherit eutils

DESCRIPTION="A live audio streamer"
HOMEPAGE="http://code.google.com/p/darkice/"
SRC_URI="http://darkice.googlecode.com/files/${P}.tar.gz"

LICENSE="GPL-3"
SLOT="0"
KEYWORDS="~amd64 ~hppa ~ppc ~sparc ~x86"
IUSE="aac aacplus alsa jack libsamplerate mp3 twolame vorbis pulseaudio"

RDEPEND="aac? ( media-libs/faac )
        amd64? ( aacplus? ( media-libs/libaacplus ) )
        alsa? ( media-libs/alsa-lib )
        pulseaudio? ( media-sound/pulseaudio )
        jack? ( media-sound/jack-audio-connection-kit )
        mp3? ( media-sound/lame )
        twolame? ( media-sound/twolame )
        vorbis? ( media-libs/libvorbis )
        libsamplerate? ( media-libs/libsamplerate )
        !mp3? ( !vorbis? ( !aac? ( !twolame? ( media-sound/lame ) ) ) )"
DEPEND="${RDEPEND}"

src_configure() {
        local myconf

        if ! use mp3 && ! use vorbis && ! use aac && ! use twolame; then
                myconf="--with-lame"
        fi

        econf \
                --disable-dependency-tracking \
                $(use_with mp3 lame) \
                $(use_with vorbis) \
                $(use_with aac faac) \
                $(use_with aacplus) \
                $(use_with twolame) \
                $(use_with alsa) \
                $(use_with jack) \
                $(use_with pulseaudio) \
                $(use_with libsamplerate samplerate) \
                ${myconf}
}

src_install() {
        emake DESTDIR="${D}" install || die
        dodoc AUTHORS ChangeLog FAQ NEWS README TODO
}

--- snap ---

--
---