From: Mike Kelly <pioto@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Last rites for $package ...
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 20:58:44
1 On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 22:28:27 +0200
2 Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de> wrote:
3
4 > An solution could be an database of packages scheduled for
5 > removal. But this database has to be maintained. And it doesn't
6 > seem that there's someone who's interested in doing this extra work.
7
8 As I understand it, every one of these package removals is first
9 package.masked for 30 days before the ebuilds are actually removed.
10 So, the user has a month in which to do something about this. When they
11 sync and try to update any time during that month, they will see a
12 message, telling them that that package is scheduled for removal, and
13 pointing them at the relevant bugs in bugzilla.
14
15 So, isn't package.mask already that "database"? Or am I missing
16 something?
19 Mike Kelly
20 --
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list