From: Mike Kelly <pioto@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Last rites for $package ...
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 20:58:44
On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 22:28:27 +0200
Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de> wrote:

> An solution could be an database of packages scheduled for > removal. But this database has to be maintained. And it doesn't > seem that there's someone who's interested in doing this extra work.
As I understand it, every one of these package removals is first package.masked for 30 days before the ebuilds are actually removed. So, the user has a month in which to do something about this. When they sync and try to update any time during that month, they will see a message, telling them that that package is scheduled for removal, and pointing them at the relevant bugs in bugzilla. So, isn't package.mask already that "database"? Or am I missing something? -- Mike Kelly -- gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list