From: Todd Berman <tberman@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] avifile ebuild requires divx4linux and win32codecs on x86
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 18:12:36
Honestly, giving the mplayer peoples preoccupation with the legality of
what they are doing, if they are providing the downloading, I have no
doubt it is completely legal.

I know OpenDivx (not sure if this is what divx4linux is based on or not)
had a no binary-distribution license, but src was acceptable. Im hunting
around on the mplayer site right now to try to find a definative answer.

--Todd