From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2017 19:37:22
1 On Mon, 4 Dec 2017 14:17:00 -0500
2 Alec Warner <antarus@g.o> wrote:
3 >
4 > Clearly if Gentoo could be successful if millions of people were
5 > killed; we would not choose to kill millions of people.
6 > Clearly if Gentoo could be successful if dozens of people were
7 > harassed; we would not choose to harass dozens of people?
8 >
9 > I think the advocacy is that people want a community where Gentoo can
10 > be successful without needing to harass anyone. A noble goal eh?
11 > If the cost of a successful Gentoo is people being harassed because it
12 > cannot sustain a safe community; perhaps Gentoo shouldn't exist
13
14 The fact that you were the one who caused the problems for me in 08.
15 Who reported me to DevRel in 08 Alec? Are you proud of that some many
16 years later? Did that help the Foundation or Gentoo? I was gone from
17 08-15 yet things did not improve and you are still here.
18
19 That you ended up as a Trustee is ironic. Drive me out take my place
20 and do nothing. Which Gentoo never did get any official status with IRS.
21 No filings beyond the ones Daniel Robbins paid for out of his own
22 pocket.... When he created the Foundation and donated Gentoo to the
23 foundation. Least the work I did for the Foundation is visible and
24 stands to this very day. Same bank account I helped establish after
25 calling banks for 2 months solid post 911. Asking things like we have
26 an international foundation with trustees not in the US. Does not ring
27 any bells for money laundering or terrorism....
28
29 Perhaps people like you should not cause problems for and drive people
30 like me away. Then maybe Gentoo would have a real legal foundation,
31 budgets, weekly news letter paying for development, reimbursing
32 developers for travel, conferences, etc. Pretty much everything FreeBSD
33 has going on. You can see me referencing them any times in the -nfp
34 logs from when I was a Trustee.
35
36 Not to mention the lack of technical contributions. I can't find you
37 Alec where are your commits? Or other activity?
38
39 wlt@ws /usr/portage
40 $ git shortlog -s -n --all | grep -i Thomson
41 55 William L. Thomson Jr
42 wlt@ws /usr/portage
43 $ git shortlog -s -n --all | grep -i Alec
44 wlt@ws /usr/portage
45 $ git shortlog -s -n --all | grep -i Warner
46
47 Keeping all this out of tree
48 https://github.com/Obsidian-StudiosInc/os-xtoo
49
50 Much less other work on the Foundation. This is clear the people
51 responsible for killing and harming Gentoo. Many like you remain from
52 2008. Still being just as destructive, masquerading as constructive.
53 While doing what? Technical or Foundation wise?
54
55 Show me the money :)
58 William L. Thomson Jr.