From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] The end of net-zope
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 18:51:35
1 On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 3:51 AM, Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o> wrote:
2 > Tomorrow, March 1, is the deadline for removing almost all of the
3 > Zope/Plone packages from the portage tree (those who still want them
4 > can get them from Arfrever's Progress overlay).
5 >
6 > Since only one or two packages would remain in the category, do we
7 > want the category to stay around, or should it be removed from the
8 > tree? We could move the remaining packages to dev-python.
9 >
10 > Similarly, there is an empty herd. Do we have a procedure for
11 > end-of-lifeing herds?
14 Arfrever pinged me to add him to the net-zope herd as a proxy
15 maintainer for the remaining zope packages. Are there any objections
16 to this?