From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Conveying important upgrade messages to user community
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 22:06:43
1 On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 15:13:37 +0000
2 Daniel Drake <dsd@g.o> wrote:
6 > My question is, how can we improve this situation? Portage really needs a
7 > decent messaging system to convey messages like this. It's in the works,
8 > right? It seems long overdue now...
9
10 non-developer lurker here: how about (optionally) the user sets an email
11 address in make.conf and gets emailed really important earth shattering
12 stuff. maybe a new function in ebuilds like:
13
14 eemailwarn "you need to install coldplug....blah blah..."
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list