From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o, gentoo-core@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Cleaning up kde eclasses (please test)
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 10:04:44
1 Hello everyone,
2
3 I've finally begun the long-awaited (at least by me :-) spring cleaning of the
4 kde group of eclasses.
5
6 The list of issues with them is too long to list, so let's focus on what I'm
7 actually doing :-) Please look at cvs.gentoo.org/~danarmak/eclass-cleanup/.
8 There's a readme.txt there that describes everything and tarballs of the new
9 eclasses and ebuilds that had to be changed (only one or two so far).
10
11 Please test these (see readme.txt for details) - any feedback can go in this
12 thread (in the spirit of the times, let's discuss this on gentoo-dev) or to
13 me directly (but please not both - replies both to me and to the lists always
14 annoy me).
15
16 If there are no issues discovered within a couple of days, I'll commit this
17 first set of changes. Including removing eclasses form cvs that are marked
18 'deprecated' and, in my eclass-cleanup tarballs, are empty. Then I'll do the
19 next changeset and so on. The goal being to work gradually while keeping
20 everything in a working state.
23 Dan Armak
24 Gentoo Linux developer (KDE)
25 Matan, Israel