From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o, gentoo-core@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Cleaning up kde eclasses (please test)
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 10:04:44
Hello everyone,

I've finally begun the long-awaited (at least by me :-) spring cleaning of the
kde group of eclasses.

The list of issues with them is too long to list, so let's focus on what I'm
actually doing :-) Please look at cvs.gentoo.org/~danarmak/eclass-cleanup/.
There's a readme.txt there that describes everything and tarballs of the new
eclasses and ebuilds that had to be changed (only one or two so far).

Please test these (see readme.txt for details) - any feedback can go in this
thread (in the spirit of the times, let's discuss this on gentoo-dev) or to
me directly (but please not both - replies both to me and to the lists always
annoy me).

If there are no issues discovered within a couple of days, I'll commit this
first set of changes. Including removing eclasses form cvs that are marked
'deprecated' and, in my eclass-cleanup tarballs, are empty. Then I'll do the
next changeset and so on. The goal being to work gradually while keeping
everything in a working state.

--
Dan Armak
Gentoo Linux developer (KDE)