From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: gcc-4.2 / gcc-4.3 plans
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 14:32:12
1 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> posted
2 200804100257.12187.vapier@g.o, excerpted below, on Thu, 10 Apr
3 2008 02:57:11 -0400:
4
5 > then move on to the gcc 4.3 tracker bug (#198121). once this gets below
6 > a certain critical mass (i wont know what the critical mass is until
7 > it's been de-attained), then we'll be ~arching things. people are
8 > recommended to do a quick sweep of the lower hangers (many bugs have
9 > simple patches).
10
11 Does this mean I can file bugs without patches whether they aren't yet
12 filed already, for still-failing ebuilds? Last I checked, I had a few
13 (3-4 I think, out of 600+ packages on my system, a dozen or so didn't
14 compile but most had bugs with patches already, and compiled after
15 applying them), but there have been enough updates since then I'll need
16 to re-test before I file in any case.
17
18 I wasn't filing them since I didn't have patches and 4.3 was still hard-
19 masked, but I have been keeping a list. =8^)
24 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
27 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list