From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Mass keywording/stabilisation of ebuilds in app-emacs
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019 14:53:31
1 On Thu, 2019-10-10 at 16:49 +0200, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 > Most packages in the app-emacs category have stabilize-allarches in
3 > their metadata because they are arch independent. However, their
4 > keywords don't reflect this and differ from package to package, mostly
5 > for historical reasons.
6 >
7 > So, I would like to mass keyword all ebuilds in app-emacs (as far as
8 > stabilize-allarches applies to them) to the intersection of keywords
9 > of their dependencies. Same applies to stabilisation; if an ebuild is
10 > stable on amd64, I would stabilise it on all other arches, as far as
11 > dependencies allow it.
12 >
13 > Also, any new package added to app-emacs in future would start out with
14 > the complete set of keywords. (I am aware that this doesn't agree with
15 > the policy as it is documented in the devmanual:
16 > https://devmanual.gentoo.org/keywording/index.html#keywording-new-packages)
17 >
18 > Any objections?
21 Wasn't ALLARCHES supposed to be applied only if a previous version had
22 a stable keyword on the arch in question? I.e. if it has been tested by
23 arch team at least once?
26 Best regards,
27 Michał Górny