From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Please do not add maintainers without their consent
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2018 13:22:03
1 Hi,
2
3 TL;DR: please do not add others as maintainers of your packages without
4 asking them first. For example, please stop adding python@ to anything
5 that remotely looks like Python without consent of Python project.
6
7 The Python team is currently maintaining over 1200 packages. Many of
8 those packages were never touched, reviewed or even ever seen by members
9 of the Python project. For some of them, we ended up as (factual or
10 effective) primary (or only) maintainers even though none of us ever had
11 any clue about the package in question. We maintain packages that have
12 barely any relevance to Python, or fit our 'modus operandi'.
13
14 This problem is not limited to the Python team. What was my surprise
15 when bugs against outdated libFuzzer package started coming to LLVM
16 project even though nobody has ever even pinged us about that package.
17
18 Therefore, I would like to ask all developers the following: if you
19 believe we should co-maintain your package, please ask us *first*. Stop
20 adding people without their consent. Thank you.
23 Best regards,
24 Michał Górny