From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Tone in Gentoo
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 21:27:41
1 On 06/19/10 18:20, Sebastian Pipping wrote:
2 >> And never forget, I don't care if you're upset that I filed 35 bugs for
3 >> you.
4 > If you mean what you say: that's pretty insensitive.
5
6 But I honestly don't care how you _feel_ about a bug.
7 There's a defect. It's a fact. The only way to change it is to work on
8 fixing it. Feelings have nothing to do with it.
9
10 It doesn't matter how polite or gentle you describe a malfunction. It is
11 and will be a bug. There's no place for emotions when you wish to work
12 with plain boring facts.
13
14 And again, I do not care how _you_ feel about it. Actually I don't have
15 any preference or emotional connection to most packages. All I care
16 about is that they (1) install properly out of the box and (2) work
17 reasonably. So if I have to file eleventy dozen bugs for packages you
18 maintain ... your fault. Don't leave such a mess. Stop whining and fix
19 those issues.
20
21 Yeah, maybe that's insensitive. Maybe I'm a bit rude. But it'll make you
22 focus more on doing things properly so I don't even have to bother you
23 in the first place :) And if everyone does a good job it'll be more
24 awesome for all of us.