From: "José Fonseca" <j_r_fonseca@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] alsa 0.9
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 19:41:48
1 Miguel,
4 On 2002.05.24 07:18 Miguel S. Filipe wrote:
5 > ...
6 > how can you unmute the sound with alsamixer?
7 >
8 > on boot my system allways mutes the sound because I don't have a
9 > /etc/asound.conf...
10 > so.. i have to
11 > $ amixer sset PCM 30 unmute
12 > $ amixer sset Master 62 unmute
13 > so that I can have sound...
14 >
15 > I didn't found a way to greate a asound.conf ..I anyone can tell me that
16 > too I would apreciate... allready looked in the howtos and in the gentoo
17 > channel..
18 >
19 > thanx!
20 >
21 > Miguel Sousa Filipe
22
23 I don't know if you're referring to /etc/asound.state... if so then you
24 just need to do
25
26 alsactl store
27
28 as root to create one, but it's strange you don't have one already since
29 this is done automatically in /etc/init.d/alsasound in the first time, I
30 think.
31
32 Perhaps you forgot to update an old /etc/init.d/alsasound from a ._cfg*
33 when you updated alsa or something...
36 Regards / Cumprimentos,
37
38 José Fonseca