From: AGottinger@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] package errors
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 14:47:22
1 michael nazaroff wrote:
2 >
3 > I have had problems with 2 packages on my system. First is avi-xmms will
4 > not ./configure since it cannot find xmms though xmms was merged fine, in
5 > fact I was using it. Next is xmovie which merges fine but spits this error
6 > up >>> Install xmovie-1.7 into /tmp/portage/xmovie-1.7/image/ category
7 > media-video /usr/lib/portage/bin/dobin: xmovie/i486/xmovie is not executable
8 > or does not exist
9 > man:
10 > info:
11 > strip:
12 > >>>Completed installing into /tmp/portage/xmovie-1.7/image/
13
14 Hi michael,
15
16 I fixed this problem, update your portage tree and try again, it should
17 work now.
18 Please send me the config.log file from avi-xmms, it works fine here and
19 I dunno what
20 caused the problem on your machine.
21
22 bye achim~
25 > I'm now trying to emerge xmovie-1.6 to see if that works. If I have time
26 > tonight after homework (ugh :o) maybe I can solve the problems but kinda
27 > want to see if anyone else has the same problem as I do?
28 >
29 > So long and see you all later..
30 >
31 > naz