From: Ivan Chernyavsky <camposer@××××××.ru>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] flamewars@gentoo-dev
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 20:18:08
1 Dear Gentoo developers,
2
3 I am a grateful Gentoo user, I'm pretty happy with Gentoo and already have five
4 installations of it, including one running a pilot project at my work.
5 I started working with Linux 6 years ago and came through RH-SuSE-Ubuntu.
6 None of them (except maybe SuSE 9.0 for some time) was perfect for me,
7 until I tried Gentoo. So firstly, *thank a lot* guys.
8
9 Recently I've subscribed to this list because I thought this is the right way
10 to start being involved in Gentoo development process --- I thought technical
11 discussions are of most importance here.
12
13 But what do I see? For more than a week, I need to came through dozens of
14 pure-fanatical e-mails having nothing except personal insults, FUD, idiotic
15 wikipedia links etc. etc. I can't believe it was always like this. I really hope
16 this is a temporary burst, caused by proposed EAPI change or something else,
17 because it makes my plans of carefully introducing
18 Gentoo as business-critical-ready-os to my employer much more complicated.
19
20 Maybe it is time to create a list gentoo-flame or gentoo-fud and post everything
21 there? I'm subscribed to several development and user mailing lists and I
22 nowhere I saw anything like this, for so long period of time.
23
24 Sorry if I don't understand something --- I'm really a new gentoo-dev reader,
25 but I feel sorry for this brilliant distribution sinking in the darkness
26 of FUD. Please please *do* stop it.
27
28 Many thanks in advance,
31 Ivan