From: Hans de Graaff <graaff@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] FYI: Rules for distro-friendly packages
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 05:49:30
On Sat, 2010-06-26 at 21:46 +0200, Enrico Weigelt wrote:

> BTW: if upstream has an proper VCS and an canonical tagging > scheme, they don't actually have to create release tarballs, > just hack up a little script which creates them on-the-fly > from an canonical URL scheme (eg. oss-qm does exactly that).
This breaks badly when the upstream tarball generation is changed. This happened to github a few months ago and broke all our manifests. To their credit they quickly reverted what turned out to be a gratuitous change, but if they ever need to make a real change we get to redigest everything. Kind regards, Hans