From: David <davidc@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] merging an ebuild that's there, but isn't there
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 18:17:18
1 On Sat, 27 Oct 2001 00:40:15 +0200
2 Karl Trygve Kalleberg <karltk@×××××××.no> wrote:
3
4 > On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 06:04:38PM -0500, David wrote:
5 > > I want to install a lisp package so I can use it. I change directories to
6 > > /usr/portage/dev-lisp/ and try to emerge sbcl/sbcl-0.6.12.ebuild only to
7 > > find that
8 > >
9 > > !!! ebuild dev-lisp/sbcl-0.6.12 not found (possibly blocked by package.mask)
10 > >
11 > > Looking into portage/profiles/package.mask, I find no mention of any of
12 > > the lisp ebuilds. I now have no idea what to do. Does anyone have a
13 > > suggestion or explanation for what's happening?
14 >
15 > Wow! You are our first Lisp user. I am the Lispmeister currently. Any bugs
16 > you find are my fault.
17 >
18 > As for the category, it has not been added to Portage yet. Use the manual
19 > merging method for now. Since we've not had any Lisp users, priority has
20 > been very low for this.
23 > Kind regards,
24 >
25 > Karl T
28 Well, I'm not really too much of a lisp user. I want to install a lisp compiler
29 so I can start learning lisp and then be a lisp user. Which package do you personally
30 think is the best? I want something that's got sockets (if there is such a thing in
31 lisp-land).
35 name: David Creswick
36 website: http://braznet.com/david
37 jabber id: davec@××××××.org