From: Sven Eden <sven.eden@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Defaulting for debug information in profiles
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 10:33:44
1 Am Montag, 17. Dezember 2012, 11:11:38 schrieb Tomáš Chvátal:
2 > Hi lads,
3 > lately I am having bit of problems from getting relevant debug info from
4 > users.
5 >
6 > Since we already have splitdebug for quite time (and I suppose quite
7 > few of us are using it) how about making it to default profiles
8 > default enabled and add -g to default cflags. Currently it is only
9 > enabled in the developer profile.
10 >
11 > This results in 2 gb data in /usr/lib/debug for my system which is not
12 > (snip)
13
14 Hello Tomáš,
15
16 on my system I have set up everything with splitdebug enabled. My CFLAGS use -
17 march=native, -O2 and -ggdb.
18 And this is the result: (Yes, I have a dedictated partition for that.)
19
20 ~ $ LC_ALL=C df -h /usr/lib/debug/.
21 Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
22 /dev/sda10 25G 22G 1.7G 93% /usr/lib64/debug
23
24 This is a full KDE-4.9.4 system with a total
25 of 1,807 packages installed.
26
27 I guess the regular user would end up somewhere between your 2G and my 22G.
28 But I bet it will be slightly more likely my end, wouldn't it?
31 Sincerly
32
33 Sven
36 http://pwxlib.sourceforge.net