From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposal: profiles/arches.desc - improve repoman flexibility (with other benefits)
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 09:41:06
1 >>>>> On Mon, 27 Mar 2017, Mart Raudsepp wrote:
2
3 > Ühel kenal päeval, E, 27.03.2017 kell 11:07, kirjutas Fabian Groffen:
4 >> Back to the topic of the thread, is it possible to make the
5 >> difference between e.g. x86, x86-linux, x86-solaris and x86-macos
6 >> in this proposal?
7
8 > I believe the intention here is for this file to declare stuff
9 > about an "arch" in terms of what repoman names it as such
10 > (--include-arches=, etc), and what profiles.desc has as the first
11 > column value (in comments it also names that column "arch").
12
13 > The filename "arches.desc" just comes from that convention, while
14 > indeed it really matches what you put in KEYWORDS in terms of ebuild
15 > usage. I guess that filename is a shed to paint then too.
16
17 It also agrees with the PMS usage of the term "architecture":
18 https://projects.gentoo.org/pms/6/pms.html#x1-610005.3.2
19 https://projects.gentoo.org/pms/6/pms.html#x1-690007.3.2
20
21 Ulrich