From: Ray Leyva <maillist@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: Pietjan_Oostra@×××××××.com
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] help me!!! please???
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 17:34:12
1 > my pc is a:
2 > Intel Pentium III GHz Celeron Processor
3 > Memory:
4 > 320 MB of RAM
5 > Harddisks:
6 > C: 6 Gb
7 > D: 40 Gb
8
9 I have it running on much much lower specs than that.
10
11 1. If it's from linux iso then you *might* need to use the 1.2 install
12 instructions. I don't believe they are distributing the 1.4 iso yet.
13
14 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/build-1.2.html
15
16 The above link is to the 1.2 install instructions.
17
18 > 2. I have a pci modem that is not detect during install
19 > how do I install my modem???
20 >
21 > it is a; Generic 56k HCF Data Fax Modem (says windows)
24 2. Might be a winmodem. This would require additional configuration.
25
26 http://linmodems.org
27
28 They have information on how to get "some" winmodems running under Linux.
29
30 > 3. or is it not possible to run Gentoo with this modem?
31
32 3. See (2)
33
34 > thx,
35 > Pietjan
36 > (this is my mom's e-mail account)
37
38 Your welcome! ;-)
39
40 > PS: please keep it plain and simple because, I am completely new to
41 > Linux and I am Dutch so English is not my strongest point, ok?
42 > and maybe I can help you to translate Gentoo to Dutch...
43
44 Welcome, and good luck!
45
46 Ray