From: Joachim Blaabjerg <styx@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] pam_tcb (secure Gentoo)
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 02:38:32
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm just writing to tell you guys that I'm alive, and will start working on a
4 pam_tcb ebuild for the secure Gentoo profile today. For those of you who
5 don't know what tcb is, it's a shadowing scheme written by Nergal and Solar
6 Designer, allowing users to change and read their passwords (even though
7 they're shadowed) without root access. This effectively allows passwd and
8 other programs to lose their suid-root-ness, still working flawlessly.
9
10 I expect the ebuild to be somewhat troublesome (with patches to shadow-utils,
11 too), but they should be submitted to Bugzilla this week.
12
13 If you haven't got any suggestions or objections, I'll start right away.
14
15 Regards,
18 Joachim Blaabjerg
19 styx@×××××.org