From: drobbins@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] odds and ends
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 09:47:47
On Thu, Jan 25, 2001 at 11:27:43AM +0100, Robert Schrem wrote:
> > Currently about 200MB with lots of package-docs, and the > > development tools, but if you unmerge > > all sys-devel packages beside the c++-libs and spython remove > > /usr/doc and /usr/src and all the static libs in /lib and /usr/lib > > you only need about 130MB and still have > > a runable system. > > Hmmm, wouldn't it be nice to have a gentoo system that can > boot from an 128 MB FlashDisk? There are som with PCMCIA > interface... No more noisy hard disk technologiy from the > last century ... :) Porbably a nice gift for my mom next christmas > for surfing on the internet with seat belts on... :)
Creating a tiny libc build may be something we do after 1.0 is released. However, it may be best to simply create a new CVS tree instead of modifying our current ebuilds, since I imagine that the two projects will be very different. Best Regards, -- Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o> President/CEO http://www.gentoo.org Gentoo Technologies, Inc.