From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: John Whitney <jjw@×××××××××.org>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP for Deltup package update system
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 12:23:12
1 On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 04:09:24PM -0600 or thereabouts, John Whitney wrote:
2
3 >All that is required is to make patches available and make a file in the portage tree with the list of available patches.
4
5 Making those files available on our mirroring system is not as easy as you
6 might think. It is not a big-bang tranformation, meaning we will need to
7 continue to support people using the old way. Therefore, deltup will
8 require additional space on our mirrors. Before we can commit to
9 supporting this on our already-bulging mirror system, someone needs to
10 identify *exactly* what sort of space requirements this system will
11 require. (ok, not exactly, but at least within a 10% margin of error)
12
13 --kurt